Info for UK travellers with vaccinated minors ages 12-17

Update December 20, 2021:
I called the Italian health ministry's Covid-19 hotline (1500) to ask whether minors traveling from the UK with only one dose of vaccine are considered eligible for Italy's green pass/super green pass. The operator told me that Italy considers two doses "fully vaccinated" and said minors arriving with only one dose of vaccine are not eligible for the green pass or super green pass through vaccination. They can access the basic green pass (not super green pass) by taking a rapid antigen test (for example in a pharmacy) every 48 hours. (Note: this is for green pass requirements, not entry into the country - to check entry requirements, complete the Italian foreign ministry survey online)

On December 13, the UK government announced "the NHS COVID pass will be rolled out to 12 to 15 year olds for international travel, allowing even more people to be able to prove their vaccination status." Ā 

In addition to the update on December 4 that the British Embassy in Rome published to their Italy travel advice page regarding the upcoming super green pass requirement (see here), I contacted the British Embassy in Rome with the following question:

Since minors ages 12-17 in the UK have thus far been vaccinated with only one dose, will they be eligible for Italy's new "super green pass" in effect December 6, 2020 through January 15, 2022?

Below, for your reference, is the response I received. (FYI, since it doesn't directly answer or address my question, in the meantime I've contacted the Italian Embassy in London and will publish any updates here on the community if and when they respond.)

"There is a step by step guide to travel abroadĀ on GOV.UK.

All information about travelling from and to the UK is published in the step-by-step guide. This information is updated every day by teams across government. Ā 

To keep informed about theseĀ announcements as they are published on GOV.UK please sign up forĀ email alerts.

For information about entry requirements, travelling through and exiting countries abroad as a British national, please visit our country-specific travel advice pages.Ā 

These pages are designed to provide you with the most up to date travel advice. We cannot provide you with additional information through this written enquiry service.

Sign up for email alerts using the link on the Travel Advice summary page. You will then be sent notifications of any updates as they happen. This is how you can ensure you get the most up to date advice and information.

We also suggest that you follow our social media pages.

If you are asking about testing facilities abroad please refer to the relevant countryĀ travel advice page, coronavirus section. Any available information will be published there. You might need to consider a local internet search.

Confirmation of vaccination status for travel should be done through the NHS if you were vaccinated in the UK. If you received your vaccines abroad, please engage with the authority who vaccinated you for confirmation of travel requirements or other questions about their Covid passesĀ and letters of recovery if you tested positiveĀ abroad. If you are travelling to the UK, consult the entering the UK pages on GOV.UK.

If you remain unclear about requirements to enter or travel through your destination please contact that country'sĀ embassy in the UK.

The London Diplomatic List contains the addresses and contact details of all the embassies and high commissions in the UK.

We recommend you make use of our travel advice, alongside any other information available to you, to ensure you are making an informed decision that is right for you and your circumstances.

Please contact your local British Embassy or High Commission if you are abroad and in need of urgent consular assistance.

We hope this information is helpful."