⛷ Super green pass info. for skiing at Madonna di Campiglio

Many travelers have asked about the new super green pass regulations for ski holidays.

In particular, several community members from the UK whose children have recovered from Covid but don't have NHS Covid Passes with QR codes (since these aren't currently available from NHS) have wondered how and if their child can show valid proof of recovery from Covid in order to access ski lifts. Ski lifts starting January 10, 2022 require a super green pass (as well as many other tourist activities and venues, including restaurants).

I called up to the ski resort at Madonna di Campiglio and after explaining my question the operator gave me the number for the ski lifts office (funivie): +39 04 65447744. I spoke to a very nice woman there who explained to me a couple things:

1. UK recovery certificates, even if they don't have a QR code, are valid if they have the same requisites as Italian certificates. That means the certificate or doctor's official recovery letter needs to show/certify the following information:

• Full name
  • Birthdate
  • Proof of positive Covid test with date of first positive result
  • Identification information of government or health authority issuing certificate

2. Skiers don't have to show their super green pass every single time they get on the lift. How it works is that when a skier buys their ski pass, they show their super green pass—EU Digital Covid Certificate/NHS Covid Certificate with QR code, or actual vaccination certificate/recovery certificate or letter—and the ski resort checks it and registers it together with the ski pass. Then, every morning when the skier first arrives, the ski pass/super green pass gets checked again. So it's only once a day at the first entry that the check actually occurs.