Skip to main content
Asked a question 2 months ago

Hello everyone! I will be traveling for 10 days to Italy in September, staying in Rome with a couple of overnights in cities like Venice and Amalfi. I am looking for the best transportation method for visiting more cities. Is there a train pass I can buy?

Join the conversation! 

Sign up to ask questions in the ItaliaPass community and get expert advice and tools for travelers to Italy.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out on Italiapass!

A railpass will make sense if you are looking to do a lot of travelling within Italy (such as more than 4-5 destinations). You can purchase an Italy railpass on eurail.com13 or trenitalia.it14. Keep in mind you will have to pay an additional fee for seat reservations on any high speed or intercity train. For regional trains, there is no additional charge to travel with a railpass.

You can also consider buying point-to-point tickets. Sometimes this option is cheaper than a railpass depending on where you are travelling to (taking into consideration the additional fees of a railpass if using high speed trains). I would recommend doing a cost comparison between a railpass and point-to-point tickets to see which options works best for you.

Another thing to keep in mind if you are travelling in later September is that the high speed train schedule is currently available up to September 17th. The later schedule will be released within the coming months - something to keep in mind if you are looking to plan your trips now.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at 1 877 375 7245 or info@italiarail.com35 and we'll be happy to help you out!

Related Questions

Question Stats

2 followers
Asked a question 2 months ago
Views this month