Skip to main content
Question/Post
Train Travel
Asked a question 7 months ago

I need to travel from Monaco area to Milan on 5/31. Which is the best way to go. I will also be traveling by train from Milan to Lake Como, Lake Como to Venice and Venice to Rome during the following week. Any tips please? How do we activate our pass. Thanks!

Join the conversation! 

Sign up to ask questions in the ItaliaPass community and get expert advice and tools for travelers to Italy.

Hello Karon and welcome to our community. I'm going to have a member of our @Traveler Experience Team11 respond here or contact you directly to assist you with this question about rail travel and help you book your tickets, if you decide to do so, through ItaliaRail.11 

I'm not sure what pass you're referring to, in terms of how to activate your pass. But if you explain this to our traveler experience agent when they get in touch with you, I'm sure they can help!

Thanks for your question and have a great time in Italy!

Hi Karon,

Thanks for reaching out on Italiapass! Italiarail.com11 does not offer train service between Monaco and Milan. I would recommend booking those tickets on eurail.com19 or omio.com26

As for travel within Italy, we'd be happy to assist. Travel from Milan to Como takes 40 min on a smaller, regional train. Como to Venice is 3.5 hour journey with a change in Milan, taking a high speed train from Milan to Venice. Venice to Rome is a popular route with direct travel on a high speed train - about 4 hours travel time. All of these point-to-point trips can be booked on our website italiarail.com11. If you have a railpass, it might be easier to book these trips on eurail.com19 as our website is making a transition from physical to digital railpasses and hence cannot accept passes at the moment. 

If you have any questions or concerns about your travels, feel free to contact us at info@italiarail.com4 or 1 (877) 375-7245

Alice