Of course! Florence is a beautiful city with many hidden gems to discover. Here are some suggestions for places to see that are off the beaten tourist path:
- San Miniato al Monte: This stunning church is located on a hill overlooking the city and offers amazing panoramic views. It's a bit of a climb to get there, but it's well worth it.
- Bardini Gardens: This beautiful garden is located just a short walk from the popular Boboli Gardens, but is often overlooked by tourists. It offers stunning views of the city and is a great place to relax and escape the crowds.
- Santo Spirito: This neighborhood on the south side of the river is a great place to explore. It's full of small artisan shops, cafes, and restaurants that are popular with locals.
- Mercato Sant'Ambrogio: This bustling market is a great place to go for a taste of local life. You'll find fresh produce, meat, cheese, and more, as well as a few small restaurants serving traditional Tuscan cuisine.
- Officina Profumo Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella: This historic pharmacy is located near the train station and is often overlooked by tourists. It's been in operation since the 17th century and offers a unique glimpse into Florence's past.
I hope these suggestions help you discover some of the hidden gems of Florence! Enjoy your trip.