INTRODUCTION. Sorry for the long read. Glad to be here. As they say on American talk radio, “long time listener, first time caller”. An intro and a little about our past and future Italian travel plans. After many years working I was finally able to retire at 60 and I asked my wife where she would like to go in 2017. She said I want to be at the Vatican for Easter Mass. Thus began our love affair with the people of Italy. I made all reservations online and we did a 15-day trip to Italy. Stayed in an apartment close to Stazione Roma S. Pietro attended Easter Mass and saw a few sights in Rome. After 9 days in Rome, with a day trip to Assisi, I rented a car near the apartment, and we drove to Venice staying in Mestre at the Holiday Inn. We were here for 4 days, on the 3rd day we decided to drive to Lake Garda after which we drove to Innsbruck for lunch in old town, then across Austria to Bad Ragaz where we had a picnic dinner in Kurpark. Then it was a speed run back to Venice. It was just a tad over 17 hours. Long day but a very good day full of great scenery. Drove back to Rome and stayed near the airport and flew home from FCO. Our second trip to Italy was for 17 days and started in Pisa after arriving by air from Paris after a 12 day stay in France. We only stayed in Pisa long enough to see the duomo, tower and baptistry. Here is a hint. When you get a taxi from the airport and get taken to the tower complex. Have the cab wait for you. Our driver told us on our return there were 5 groups who came up to him to try and hire him. After seeing the tower, we went to Pisa Centrale and trained to Zambra, where we stayed in a villa in Sesto Fiorentio for 3 days, then by train to Venice again staying in Mestre. We were here for 3 days then off to Assisi for 3 days, then to Roma arriving for an 8 day stay including Easter at the Vatican, flying home out of FCO. Our third trip was in 2019 and included Easter in Rome. We flew into FCO and took a train to Lecce staying in order Lecce, Alberobello, Foggia (with a day trip to San Giovani Rotondo), Assisi, Rimini (day trip to San Marino). Then 9 days in Venice (an apartment in Dorsoduro), with a day trip for lunch in Croatia. Then to Florence for 7 days staying at a B & B in next to the Baptistry after which it was off to Rome for 12 days with trip to Pompeii. During our stay in Rome we got to experience Natale di Roma even meeting the President of Gruppo Storico Romano Sergio Iacomoni. Currently working on our 64 day 2023 trip to Europe with a 28 day stay in Venice with trips from there, including an overnighter to Monte Carlo via Trenitalia and SNCF.